Senior Software Engineer
REPORT TO: CTO
BASED: Remote (London preferred)
Advertising is broken. Sauce is leading the way to a whole new approach in customer acquisition. We are changing the way brands inspire new customers and expanding those opportunities by making it easy for businesses to get started and grow globally.
W're a suite of tools and embeds built to empower users to make the most of their Instagram presence. Shoppable curated Instagram embeds, Campaigns with post detection and a Discovery platform to bring smarts to the Influencer Marketing realm. See our Homepage and website for a breakdown for more of what we offer.
We're is a small, dedicated, multi-skilled and vibrant team - fast moving and bursting with ambition. We are a bunch of perfectly rational, sane individuals who - as a collective - are naturally drawn towards solving complex problems.
You will be responsible for developing solutions across all aspects of the platform, from server-side logic to front-end integrations, maintenance of our various datastores and ensuring high performance and availability of the platform. An in-depth understanding of both backend and front-end technologies is therefore necessary.
The roadmap is large, the ambition is huge and the technology is as exciting as it is challenging. You will have the opportunity to grow, to be heard and to form part of - and help us define - a tight-knit, supportive team. If you are a fast learner and a pragmatic programmer out to make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Skills and requirements
- First and foremost: a pragmatic problem solver comfortable and experienced across the stack
- Solid experience with Ruby (3+ years)
- Large scale use of frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and Angular
- Architecting and building elegant RESTful API's
- Experience integrating with third party APIs (OAUTH, CLIs, HTTPS)
- Experience building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Experience with high performance, high availability and high scale applications
- Experience across the AWS Stack (EC2, ECS, RDS etc)
- Solid experience with database technologies:
- relational databases (MySQL, Aurora)
- key-value stores (MongoDB, Memcache, Redis)
- Identify, design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Experience optimising for max speed and scalability
- Experience with testing (TDD, Visual Regression)
- Experience with monitoring and automation
- A care for the craft and a culture of growth, health and learning
- Fought your fair share of fires and have a tome of war stories : )
Nice to haves
- Experience with social media integrations (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube etc)
- Experience with handling big data
- Experience with columnal databases (Bigtable)
- Experience with containerisation and serverless architectures
- DevOps experience in a Unix environment
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android)
- A background in statistics/analytics/data engineering
We live and breathe our company values – innovative, committed, and spirited. Our team defines who we are and how we get the job done. To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV, Cover letter. References will be sought. Direct applicants online. Recruitment agencies – thanks for reading, but we've got this one covered!